News & Events
The Federal Government inaugurated a new Governing Board for the Commission on Thursday, March 08, 2018. The Board is under the Chairmanship of Chief Emmanuel Jideoffor Nwosu
Others inaugurated as members of the Board include:
- Musa Balarabe from the North West,
- Awwal Hamza from the North East;
- Otunba A. Akinniranye from the South West;
- Mohammed Kari Commissioner for Insurance;
- Sunday O. Thomas Deputy Commissioner Technical;
- George Oneknena. Deputy Commissioner, Finance and Admin.;
- Representative of the Federal Ministry of Finance;
- Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment;
- Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN) and
- Richard Borokini, DG, Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria,(CIIN),
The Governing Board is responsible for the governance oversight of the Commission.
The National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) on Tuesday inaugurated a Technical Committee that would drive the enforcement of public building insurance in the country.
The 2017 seminar for insurance journalists organised annually by NAICOM to apprise them of developments in the insurance industry was held in Kaduna on October 6 - 7, 2017.
The National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) has reiterated its plan to further grow the Nigerian insurance industry by 2020. The Deputy Commissioner, Technical, NAICOM, Mr. Sunday Thomas said that the Commission was working to ensure the success of its major priorities for 2017 to 2020.